Saturday, June 11, 2011

Paper Dollhouse

I found a great new blog called Paper Dolls and this week they had a super cute dollhouse for their challenge. The dollhouse file came from Patricia at A Little Hut! Here's the link to the challenge blog Paper Dolls Challenge #2 Dollhouse I had so much fun making this dollhouse and I don't even have little kids. :)

I used part of an awning from the Peony Street Card SVG set from SVG Cuts and modified it, resized it, and welded some pieces together to make a really cool roof. Then I used the flowers and flower pot from the same file and added it to the front. I wanted the flowers to be big, but that made the pot too large, so I cut off part of the bottom of the pot and it was fine. Then I glued some white cardstock that I had marked with black and gray lines to look like a vent for the attic.
 
Before I cut out the dollhouse I glued the another piece of 12x12 cardstock to the back side of the cardstock I was using for the main house. That way my interior "wallpaper" would be cut at the same time and no need to try to put it together after cutting. That worked out really well. Since I used a patterned paper for my interior I cut out an extra door (mirrored) and extra window frames to use on the inside. The last modification I did was run the support piece for the second floor thru my Cuttlebug using the Textile folder. This made a cool looking textured ceiling.








I decided to make a brown house with white trim and I was really happy with it. The house was made from the DEWV immortal love cardstock stack and the roof and woodflooring was from the DCWV Textures & Finishes cardstock stack. The interior wallpaper campe from the DCWV Old World Stack. All of the white trim was made with GP 110 lb cardstock and the flowers were made from my scrap stash. Thanks for stopping by.

UPDATE 6/12/2011: Added curtains and furniture. All the paper is from K& Company Super Paper pad, except for the rug, which is from Tim Holtz cut with a Nestie and the mirror, which is from the immortal love stack and also cut with a Nestie.








5 comments:

  1. This is really, really cute! I love the roof and the flowers! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Paper Dolls!

    http://happylifecraftywife.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a great house. This is more what I had in mind when I made mine but don't have the Immortal Love stack or the Peony House set. I do have the Old World and was going to use it. Now I realize it would have looked very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you put a lot of work into your house! I'm loving all the details that you're putting in - the roof tiles, the ceiling, the flowers... and now the curtains! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I meant to say, thanks for joining the Paper Dolls challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Christy...this is fun fabulous. I LOVE all the details and hard work you put into it. Great job!!!
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete